Please Read Our Policies, Terms, and Conditions In Their Entirety Before Booking
You must agree and accept these policies and provisions to proceed with online booking. By clicking “I agree to these terms and conditions” below, you acknowledge that you have read the policies in full and accept, agree to, and affirmatively consent to the policies, terms and conditions herein.
Our rentals range from rustic cabins on small ponds to luxurious lakeside homes. Because all are individually owned, they are all equipped differently. Feel free to contact us so that we may answer any questions you may have regarding the specifics of your rental property.
Online Booking: You will receive a booking request confirmation following your online booking. This will place a temporary hold on the property for the time requested. However, your booking is not confirmed until such time as you receive a written e-mail confirmation from one of our Vacation Specialists (this e-mail will also contain your rental agreement which must be signed and returned to us within 7 days to avoid cancellation). You may cancel your reservation without penalty within 7 days of the date of booking (100% of any fees paid will be refunded to you). Please see below for information regarding cancellations made after the 7-day grace period.
Cancellation Policy: No-one enters into an agreement without the full expectation of being able to complete it. However, cancellations are sometimes unavoidable. All cancellation requests must be made in writing to At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC and are subject to the terms herein and within your rental agreement,
If you booked your reservation more than 60 days in prior to the arrival date:
- You have a 7-day grace period, from the date of booking confirmation to cancel your booking with all monies refunded
- After the 7-day grace period: tenant will forfeit the 20% deposit if they cancel the rental.
- The balance is due 60 days prior to your check-in date. Once the balance has been paid, there will be no refunds in the event of a cancellation and tenant will forfeit the entire rental amount UNLESS the property is re-booked for the same time and rate. In such instance all monies, EXCEPT a 20% re-booking fee plus a $50.00 administration charge, will be refunded. The Firm will make every effort to rebook the property for the same period and under the same terms as your booking. If we need to reduce the rental rate in order to re-book the property (as determined by The Firm), you will receive a refund equal to the amount of rent recovered less the amount of your original 20% deposit which is non-refundable. Any refunds as provided for herein, shall be made within 14 days of the check-in date specified on the original lease.
All Reservations booked less than 60 days prior to your date of arrival date are payable in full at the time of booking.
- Once the balance has been paid, there will be no refunds in the event of a cancellation and tenant will forfeit the entire rental amount UNLESS the property is re-booked for the same time and rate. In such instance all monies, EXCEPT a 20% re-booking fee plus a $50.00 administration charge, will be refunded. The Firm will make every effort to rebook the property for the same period and under the same terms as your booking. If we need to reduce the rental rate in order to re-book the property (as determined by The Firm), you will receive a refund equal to the amount of rent recovered less the amount of your original 20% deposit which is non-refundable. Any refunds as provided for herein, shall be made within 14 days of the check-in date specified on the original lease.
- Initial Payment: Your rent amount includes a departure cleaning and Rental Damage Protection Insurance which covers you for up to $3,000 in covered accidental damages during your stay (subject to certain exclusions and limitations). Your reservation balance will include an administrative processing fee and the NH state sales tax. An initial payment of 20% of the rent amount will be charged at time of booking. Your payment schedule will be outlined in the vacation rental agreement that you will sign.
- Final Payment: The remaining balance, including the NH Rooms and Meals tax of 8.5%, is due no later than 60 days prior to your scheduled arrival (all fees are subject to the NH Rooms and Meals tax, including the processing fee). All Reservations booked less than 60 days from arrival date are payable in full at the time of booking. Please note that your reservation may be cancelled without further notice if final payment is not received within the time frame specified, so please, mark your calendar! Your deposits will be held in a non-interest-bearing account by At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC.
Accepted Payments: We accept Personal Checks if received (30) days or more prior to arrival, cash up to $1,000, Certified Checks & Bank Drafts. Checks should be made payable to "At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC". Returned checks are subject to a $60.00 check handling charge. We also accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER.
Guest Services: Our office is open 7 days a week. Our summer hours are from 9 AM until 5 PM, except on Saturday when the office is open until 7 PM for check-ins. Guests will be provided with an emergency phone number at check in so that an a local on-call vacation specialist can be reached after hours should an emergency issue arise that can’t wait until 9 AM the next morning. Our hours in the Fall, Winter and Spring are 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 3 PM on Saturday and 10AM to 1PM on Sunday. The Firm’s office will be closed for certain holiday periods including, but not limited to, days around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. However, Guests staying in any of our properties will still be able to reach a local on-call vacation specialist should an emergency issue arise that can’t wait until the office re-opens.
Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is available to our guests through industry-leader “Travel Guard”. We highly recommend the purchase of insurance so you may be financially reimbursed in the event of unexpected, covered expenses. Most Travel Guard plans include 24-hour assistance and can protect you against unforeseen events such as:
- Family member sickness
- Doctors visit for sudden injury while on your vacation
- Expenses associated with a delay in your trip
- Your passport is lost or stolen
- If weather prevents your travel
- If your baggage is lost
- If you miss a flight connection
All coverages are subject to the terms and conditions of your Travel Guard plan and are subject to change. Please be sure to ask your vacation planning specialist for more information about securing travel insurance for your vacation investment
Accidental Damage Protection: Rather than collect a substantial security deposit from our guests, Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) up to $3,000 is included for all reservations. This protection covers accidental damages which may occur to the premises during your rental period; subject to exclusions and limitations. Any damages that are not covered under the policy will be the responsibility of the tenant. On rare occasions a property may require a cash security deposit. Your reservationist will make you aware of such a requirement. Security deposits, if required, will be refunded within 30 days of your departure, subject to final clean/clear property inspection.
Report All/Any Damages: Upon check-in, but no later than the morning following your check-in date with time being of the essence, any pre-existing issue, broken item(s) or condition must be reported to At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC. We will make every effort to correct/resolve the issue as fast as we can for you. Any problems, issues or damages that occur during the course of your stay must be reported as soon as they occur and prior to the time of departure to At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC.
Check In: Check in time is on Saturday at 5:00 PM at our office at 60 Whittier Highway (Route 25) in Moultonborough in the Harbor Square Plaza. If you will be arriving later than 7:00 PM, please call our office to make arrangements for a late check-in. We cannot provide late check-ins for rentals with a balance due. Remember, we hate to say no, so please do not ask…we CANNOT provide keys prior to 5:00 PM as additional cleaning and disinfecting will be performed at your vacation home before you arrive due to COVID-19.
Check Out: Check-Out time is on Saturday at 10 AM It is critical that the property/premises be vacated by this time as cleaning crews will arrive at 10 AM. They will not clean a home while a guest is there. PLEASE NOTE: Occupying a home beyond the check-out time will result in additional fees due from guest equivalent to one day’s rent for each hour, or pro-ration thereof, of occupancy beyond the check-out-time, time being of the essence. Please be sure to return all keys to At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC upon departure. Failure to return keys to At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC by 11 a.m. on the day of departure will result in a $25.00 charge to guest as replacement keys will be ordered at that time.
Please review these other check-out procedures prior to your check-out:
IF YOU’VE RENTED LINENS THROUGH AT THE LAKE VACATION RENTALS:
Please remove all bed linens and pillow covers and place at the foot of the bed for pickup by cleaners. Please place all bath and kitchen towels in a stack in a bathroom for pickup by cleaners.
Keeping Your Property and Grounds Clean: Tenant Responsibilities
You will be enjoying your vacation in a home cherished by its owners. While in your care, please take care of the home as though it were your own. The property owner has made arrangements to assure that your vacation home is clean and ready for you upon your arrival. Please notify us promptly if, in the unlikely event, you find this not to be the case. Please note that upon your departure from your stay, excess cleaning fees will be the responsibility of the Tenant. These fees can be avoided by assuring that:
- All Food and Trash are properly bagged, removed from the home and deposited in the designated trash bin(s). Be sure to keep all trash barrels/bins tightly sealed as there can be critters out there who’ve not yet learned to clean up after themselves.
- The Refrigerator, Stove, Oven and other appliances are wiped clean and are free of grease and crumbs.
- All Dishes are washed, dried, and placed in original cabinetry/shelf locations. Please do not leave dishes in the dishwasher.
- The yard is left clean and free of any debris, including cigarette butts.
- The home is left broom clean and organized as you found it.
- All doors and windows are closed and locked and that A/C, fans and lights are off.
Please Know: Excess cleaning charges, charges for the removal of excess trash and lost key(s) are NOT cover by the Accidental Damage Insurance and are the sole responsibility of the Guest as will be outlined in your vacation rental lease agreement.
Pets: Not all properties are “Pet Friendly”. Some homeowners allow pets while others do not. Pets of any kind are specifically not allowed unless the property owner has provided written consent that a Pet(s) may be kept on the premises during your stay. Please ask about pet policies prior to booking. Guests or their visitors found in violation of pet restriction policies will render the Guest in violation/default of their lease and they may be asked to vacate the premises. If it is agreed that a pet may be brought on the premises, there will be a non-refundable “Pet Fee” applied (starting at $150 per pet, per week, determined by each property owner). Your lease agreement will contain the terms and conditions under which your pet may be permitted. Pets must be collared and leashed at all times while outside of the home and never left unattended.
Occupancy Regulations: Please adhere to the maximum person limits as provided for in your lease agreement and on your reservation confirmation. Please note that if it is determined that the overnight (8 PM to 8 AM) guest limit has been exceeded, at any point in time, guests/tenants will be considered in default of their lease and may be asked to vacate the premises, without refund.
Gatherings/Guests: We ask that you be mindful of the privacy of neighbors while you’re on vacation. Sound travels easily, especially over open water. Please keep noise levels low. Noise complaints and/or gatherings in excess of the stated capacity may result in a voiding of your lease agreement without a refund. Please be mindful of the property limits/capacities as it relates to septic system capacities and parking capabilities. No large gatherings in excess of the occupancy limit stated in your lease are permitted during daytime hours without the written consent of At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC. Some of our homes are located within subdivisions or associations where there may be rules and policies that must be adhered to in conjunction with your lease of a home within that subdivision or association. For example, beach parking may have limitations or require permitting. At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC will provide you with documentation where needed and applicable.
Subletting: Subletting is not permitted under any circumstances. Subletting of the premises shall be considered a breach of this agreement with refund and subject to all available remedies of law.
Property Amenities: We represent many private homeowners offering a broad range of properties from luxury homes to the most modest of cottages on and by the lake. Those with telephones are limited to local calls only. No calls which result in a charge to the property owner shall be made from the property, and any such charges, plus a $25 administrative billing fee, will be the responsibility of the Guest (tenant). Therefore, it is highly recommended that you have a cell phone during your stay. In most areas, cell phone coverage is adequate in the Lakes Region, particularly for Verizon users, but coverages vary and reception is not guaranteed at your property. Nearly all properties have either cable, satellite, or the option to use your streaming services on televisions. Most offer internet service. All amenities that a property has to offer will be indicated on the property information sheet including such items as outdoor grills, swim rafts, etc. If the listing sheet does not indicate that the property has a specific amenity, please do not assume that it has it. Please ask your reservationist. All of our properties have kitchens that will provide you with the essentials needed in order to prepare everyday meals. Coffee makers and other small appliances are generally provided. Again, please rely upon the property listing sheet for these details.
Fresh Linens, towels, highchairs and Pack and Play cribs are available for rent subject to availability and advance notice of at least seven days. Please ask your reservationist.
Items that you will need to provide include: Paper products, soaps, sheets and towels are not provided by the homeowner. Guests are responsible for bringing their own linens (sheets and towels).
Clean, fresh, quality sheet and towel sets specific to the needs of your property are available for rent. Please ask your At The Lake Vacation planning specialist about our Linen Services. Our dedicated housekeeping staff can even make the beds for you prior to your arrival. Upon check-out, they’ll take care of removing and cleaning linens. Please make any linen requests at the time of booking - subject to availability and advance notice of at least seven (7) days to take advantage of any of our linen services.
Linen Service Rates:
- Sheet Sets: (Fitted Sheet, flat sheet and pillow cases) : $15.00 per bed
- Towel Sets: (2 bath towels, one hand towel and one face cloth): $12.00 per person
- Kitchen Set: (two dish towels, one dish cloth): : $5.00
Bed Making: If you’ve rented linens through At The Lake, you can take advantage of our bed making service with costs $8.00 per bed.
Mid-Week Cleaning Services: Your vacation property will be freshly cleaned for you when you arrive. But we get it when you’re on vacation you just want to relax. We’re happy to offer our guests mid-week cleaning services to freshen up their vacation homes during their stay. Please ask your reservationist about pricing for mid-week cleaning services for your property. We ask that if you’d like to take advantage of our Mid-week cleaning services that you please place your request in advance. Mid-week cleanings are subject to availability of our housekeeping crews.
Your Right To Inspect: We inspect all of our properties to make sure that they are priced competitively for the features and location offered and to assure that they are well maintained throughout our vacation rental season. We strive to make sure that the properties we represent offer the best value possible to vacationers in the Lakes Region. Regardless of these continued efforts, you are renting someone’s private home. Each property has separate and distinct features and characteristics. We strongly encourage all guests to take advantage of the (7) day right to inspect allowed by our booking policy. We provide this window to allow you to inspect your vacation home or have someone inspect it on your behalf. What one considers a cute and cozy rustic cabin in the woods may be considered remote and insufficient by another. Beaches vary in size, shape and lake bottom texture. Due to the fact that our lake levels periodically change, water depths at the docks end can change. The amount of exposed beach can also change. In no way is the owner or At the Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC liable for returning any sum of rent if the dock is not accessible due to varying lake levels. Max boat lengths are advertised and are based on the mean lake level. Please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to make sure that the property is well suited for your intended use and expectations. Please either personally inspect your vacation home within the “right to inspect” period or have someone inspect on your behalf.
- Campfires: Some owners have fire pits or bowls and are required by law to have a fire permit displayed at the property. If a property does not have one of these items, you may not bring your own onto the property. Only the property owner can obtain fire permits.
- Trailers: No tents, sleeping trailers, motor homes or campers of any type are permitted on any of our properties at any time.
- Fireworks: Fireworks, of any kind, are not allowed at any property that The Firm represents.
- Woodstoves: Any woodstoves on the property are off limits and Guests (tenants) are prohibited from using them.
- Unavoidable Circumstances: The Firm and/or the Homeowner shall not be held responsible for noise generated by any construction project underway either adjacent to or nearby the subject property. Such projects are entirely beyond our control and can begin and/or end at any point in time.
- Grilling: Please keep propane grills away from the house if grilling on a deck. No charcoal grills are allowed on any deck area of the house or cottage. If you run out of propane during your stay please have the tank refilled and, at check out, provide your reservationist with a copy of your receipt for reimbursement.
- Air Conditioning / Sources of Heat: Homes with Air Conditioning will be listed as such on the property information sheet. Guests (tenants) are not allowed to bring their own air conditioning units to the property. Likewise, Guests may not bring items such as space heaters or other heating units onto the property.
- Water Trampolines / Rafts: Guests (tenants) may not rent or otherwise bring onto their rental property any water trampolines or rafts without the prior written consent of the property owner.
- Smoking: Smoking, including "vaping", within the leased premises, including porches, is strictly prohibited. If Guests smoke/vape outside of the home, but on the premises, we ask that all cigarette “butts” be properly and carefully disposed of.
- Water: Many of our properties draw their water from the lake and bottled water is required for consumption. This information is on the listing sheet for each individual property requiring bottled water.
- Parking: Parking anywhere other than the driveway provided is prohibited. Nearly all properties have septic fields that could be damaged. If damage occurs due to improper parking of vehicles, Guests will be held financially responsible for the damage.
- Septic: Please do not flush anything except toilet paper down the toilets. The vast majority of properties are serviced by a septic system which will be damaged by other items you may flush. This includes items which state that they are "flushable" such as baby wipes, personal wipes, feminine products, etc. – they are NOT flushable to septic systems and may do damage. In addition, please do not dispose of food or grease down any sinks.
- Dock Amenities: Docking may be private or part of a community / association, and you will be subject to the restrictions / allowances of homeowner and/or association, as applicable. Due to the fact that our lake levels periodically change, water depths at the dock's end can change. In no way is the Property Owner or The Firm liable for returning any sum of rent if the dock is not accessible due to varying lake levels. Max boat lengths are advertised and are based on the mean lake level. The property owner may leave their boat(s) at their dock during your stay. Please do not board or otherwise disturb the owner’s boat(s) at any time during your stay. The Firm cannot accommodate requests to relocate an owner’s boat(s) or watercraft during your stay. Some waterbodies or areas of waterbodies (such as coves) have restrictions on certain types of watercraft such as Jet Skis or motorized craft. Please check with the New Hampshire Marine Patrol for more information: https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/fob/marine-patrol/restricted.html
Agency Representation: At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC represents the property owner in the leasing/rental of their home. Our mission is to successfully join homeowners and vacationers together in reaching their respective goals. At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC is not a property management company. Rather, it is a rental booking agency helping homeowners match their property with a guest whose vacation rental needs are best met by bringing the two parties together.
Mechanical Failures: The properties we represent are privately owned homes. Any system or mechanical item may be subject to failure or breakdown. The property owners have provided us with contact information for tradesmen that may be called upon if the need arises. At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC will make every effort to have any system or mechanical failure repaired as soon as possible as authorized by the homeowner. The ultimate decision as to whether such a system or mechanical failure renders the property reasonably “un-useable and/or uninhabitable” shall rest solely with the homeowner. At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC shall not be held responsible for any decision made relative to this paragraph.
The homeowner has agreed to pay for any necessary service calls that may be needed during the term of your stay. However, any service calls made that are the result of guest abuse/misuse of the property, as determined by The Firm, shall be billable to the Guest (tenant). During the global pandemic, third-party response times may be longer than usual and may require all members of the traveling party to vacate the property temporarily while maintenance is being performed by an onsite team. If your vacation home rental has air conditioning and repairs are needed during your stay we cannot guarantee that repairs can be made quickly as many HVAC contractors schedule days to weeks out. Regardless of any repairs that may be needed, you can be assured that At The Lake Vacation Rentals will do its best to have any repairs needed made as quickly as is reasonably possible.
Swim at your own risk:
You may enjoy access to our lakes, ponds, rivers, or water amenities such as swimming pools or hot tubs at your vacation rental property. These amenities present safety hazards as there are no lifeguards on duty. You are advised that swimming and use of water amenities and dock, if any, is at your own risk.
Hold Harmless / Indemnification
All tenants, and all guest(s) of any tenant who may come onto the property during the lease period, shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the owner(s) of the property, At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC and its agents, representatives and affiliates, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damage, losses, suits, judgments made by the tenant or the tenant’s invitees arising from or related to the lease of the subject property. This includes, without exception or limitation, costs and expenses including attorneys’ fees, any and all injury, death, damage, losses or claim for injury, damage, losses, or liability unless such incident was directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the homeowner or At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC. Tenant is responsible for the actions of the tenant’s invitees / others on the premises because of or through their relationship with the Tenant.
All costs and expenses associated with any claim for damages or liability made against the indemnified parties, as listed in the paragraph above, in connection with a tenant’s rental shall be incurred solely and entirely by the tenant or the tenant’s invitees including all reasonable attorneys’ fees for all parties involved. Tenant further expressly agrees that foregoing indemnity is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New Hampshire and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Hampshire.
Electronic Documents and Signatures: At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC may elect to provide and execute certain communications to you, including your Vacation Rental Agreement, electronically.
By clicking “agree to terms and conditions” to proceed with your vacation rental booking request, you agree and affirmatively consent (i) to this Consent, (ii) to enter into your Vacation Rental Agreement which will be emailed to you by one of our Vacation Planners using electronic means; (iii) to conduct all other transactions with us by electronic means, (iv) that we may provide to you all disclosures, notices, and other information required by law, as well as all other documents, communications, and information that we may provide to you, by electronic means (v) that your action of clicking "Agree to Terms and conditions" constitutes your electronic signature to this Consent, and the policies, terms and conditions herein and (vi) that electronic signatures, electronic records, and electronic documents shall be given full force and effect, as if they were original, hand-executed documents and that the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act and applicable New Hampshire state laws governing electronic communications shall apply to documents you sign electronically between you and At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC and its agents or representatives.
At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC is more than happy to provide or make available to applicable electronic documents and/or agreements to you in paper form (i.e., "hard copy"). You may request a hard copies of documents by sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending written request to At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC 60 Whittier Highway, #6 Moultonborough, NH 03254. Please include a clear statement of your request and your full mailing address. You will not be charged a fee to obtain a hard copy of documents from At The Lake.
You may, at any time and in writing, withdraw your consent to receive subsequent electronic form documents from At The Lake Vacation Rentals, LLC.
The Way We Use Information: When requesting more information, we use return email addresses to answer the requests we receive. These email addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. Any other personal information you provide about yourself when requesting more information is only used to answer the request. We do not share any of your personal information with any outside parties.
When completing a reservation, we use any information you provide about yourself only to complete the reservation. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete your reservation. We do not share your information with any 3rd party vendors.
Should you have questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us: email@example.com